Saturday, June 21, 2014

Calling All Teachers!

Alright, I'm having some trouble making a huge decision in my life: getting my master's degree. I have always been on and off about whether or not I want to get it and I've started thinking about getting it again. The problem is: what do I get my master's in? The two programs I've narrowed it down to is Curriculum and Instruction or Administration. My goals as a teacher are not to become a principal or administrator. I've never ever considered getting out of the classroom, which led me to curriculum and instruction. Sometimes I consider becoming a college professor teaching elementary education classes when I get tired of teaching elementary school. I've been getting very mixed feelings about which degree to pursue. The curriculum and instruction program will only take me a year and a half whereas the administration degree will take 3 years. Another difference between the programs is when I can start. With the administration degree I need 3 years of classroom experience before I can enroll in the program...the curriculum and instruction program I can start this August. I'm just very torn as to what I want to do. I wanted to get right into my master's now since I'm still kind of in college mode but I don't know if it will be worth it. If anyone has any advice or suggestions or anything concerning these two degrees I would LOVE to hear it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment