Monday, July 7, 2014

Day 1 In My Classroom!

     Ahhh, so it's been awhile since I've blogged last but it's been so crazy around here! For starters, being a waitress and working 40 hours a week is completely draining me. I'm also trying to tie up all the loose ends when it comes to my licensure and employment...talk about craziness. Anyway, I finally got a chance to spend some time in my classroom today and I am so excited! Here's a quick peek at what I walked into today. My room is being used for summer school so it's a tad dirty.


 
 

     It's not that big of a room, but it's definitely bigger than I remembered it being. I've got 5 classroom computers in my room which is awesome, but I want to move them against the wall so I can always see what they are doing on them. After I took these pictures I played around with some table arrangements and I think I found one that I like. My mind has been racing with all the possible arrangements I could do so it will just take some playing around to find something I like.
     The one thing about my room that I wasn't so glad about at first is the fact that I don't have a desk. Instead, I have a corner with my kidney table. back where the kidney table is there's a large cabinet, a large bookshelf, and then a smaller bookshelf. At first I was a bit disappointed but after thinking about it, I'm kind of glad I don't have one since it would just be one more thing to try and keep organized. There's also no mailboxes for my students so I'm trying to come up with a cheap arrangement to use for student mailboxes. If you have any ideas I could definitely use them!
     I've got my work cut out for me and I'll be posting lots of pictures as I start to fix up the room. For now, if you have any advice on organization or classroom setup or any first year teaching advice at all, please let me know! I'm always looking for suggestions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment