Monday, June 16, 2014

Craziness!

Ok so I know I've been MIA for a little but everything is being turned upside down right now. A few weeks ago I was pretty much set on being in North Carolina teaching kindergarten because that was the only job offer I had received. Well, since then I've had two different interviews, both in South Carolina where I would like to be, and both of them look promising. One is for first grade and one is for a 4K/child development program. Now that I've had two other interviews in South Carolina my dream of teaching kindergarten is going to be put on hold for a year or two so I can be in the area I want to be in. I am very new to the 4K program and have never really considered teaching that age group. I do have a lot of experience working with young children because I taught gymnastics and dance classes to 3-6 year olds but teaching them in school is totally different. I'm not familiar with the curriculum they use (HighScope I believe) and the whole idea of having a full day pre-school program blows my mind. I still hope to do some blogging with my students, although it definitely wouldn't be as student led as I had hopes of, but it will still be a fun way for students to share their thoughts and achievements. If anyone has any tips or some useful resources for 4K/Child Development I would greatly appreciate it! Hopefully I'll have some more definite plans for next year by the end of this week!

1 comment:

  1. What an exciting opportunity! Young kids are so eager to explore and learn. I hope your first year goes well. My 2¢ - as much play as possible in learning! Keep blogging. It's a great way to connect with other teachers

    ReplyDelete