Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Teacher Development Overload

Holy cow I've been so busy the past few weeks I have barely had time to breathe let alone blog about everything going on...I feel that's going to be my excuse a lot! Anyway, there's so much going on between teacher development and summer school ending I need to take some time to relax...unfortunately that won't happen for a few more days. This whole week is pretty much scheduled for me with teacher development. My district uses this week to "train" new teachers to the district and brand new teachers as well. Today and yesterday was strictly for any new hire to the district. A lot of it wasn't new for me since I attended some other development days a few weeks ago. They really just informed us of the new curriculum that hasn't been released yet...and won't be released until August 15 (5 days before school starts might I add). The next two days, however, are just for new teachers! It will be nice to finally just be with my fellow newbies for a few days :)

As if all of this curriculum talk isn't overwhelming enough, I've still got to worry about my classroom! Summer school ended last Thursday, YAY! Now they're waxing the floors on my hallway, BOO! It will be nice to just focus on content for a little bit and take a break from classroom setup but I can't help but continue to be anxious. I'll only have two weeks to really set up my classroom before school starts and it's driving me crazy! Time is ticking away and I can't believe kids will be in my room in 3 weeks. It's crunch time ladies and gents and this newbie has got to get a grip on all these changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment